Monday, August 24, 2026

 Songbird's songwriting toolkit !! 

First and foremost, Pinterest is my best friend when it comes to everything ever. I make a moodboard for just about anything and guess what!?!?!? That includes my

music!! I try to encapsulate a feeling through imagery. Here are some images I've used in moodboards for my debut project:

                    

Tactics, Tips and Tricks!

1. STOP WRITING ABOUT A SPECIFIC TOPIC. 

Write to express a feeling. If you write about a topic, you'll never write anything in full. Art is up for interpretation, even to yourself. If you're thinking about a personal experience, think about the feeling you had in the moment and the feeling you have presently, then write something derived from the feeling. 

2. Analyze lyrics you love! 

Go to your favorite song streaming site, turn the volume off, and put on some songs you love... instead of listening to the song, read the lyrics. What do you love about them? How do they make you feel? Recognize patterns and allow yourself to learn!!! The more you assume you know less about something the more you learn. 

3. In a rut? Start with the title!

Find a phrase you like and write outward from that. 

Resources I use!

Cat rat bat sat shat 

 Definitions, synonyms and all alike! 

For random words + phrases 

No comments:

Post a Comment